Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday 8-6-11

Here is a recipe like my grandmother use to make.  

SOUTHERN FRUIT AMBROSIA


11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
15 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
8 oz can fruit cocktail, drained
1.5 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup coconut, shredded
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup sour cream
Combine ingredients and let set overnight.
 Serves ten.

Here are some pictures of my garden. It has been so hot this year in Texas that most of my garden did not make it.  Only my peppers and okra are producing.   My herb garden did not make it through the heat this summer. Which is a shame it's my favorite and  I love cooking with the fresh herbs.     

Also her is picture of my little Jake (dog) and my Mr. Pebbles  (cat).  They are buddies and I  snapped their picture.  

Banana Peppers

Jalapenos

Okra 
Jake and Mr. P.napping

No comments:

Post a Comment